Nov 14, 2014

Schedule SOS

It's that time of the year again! And as much as I hate to say it, I don't mean the holiday season...or ski season, or (in my case) Nutcracker season, or any other season you're looking forward to.

Girls in last years Nutcracker worried over what else I might be talking about... (Photo Creds)
I'm just gonna say sorry now because, I'm talking about the wanting to rip your hair out strand by strand. The uncontrollable crying that even your favorite blanket, a great stuffed animal, and some cat videos can't fix. Seriously, is it just me of is it that time of year where it seems like trying to balance the world on your head while dancing the tango and battling a tiger would be easier than your overflowing schedule. It's enough to make a person go insane. Thankfully that terrifying feeling runs in my family and I've got a few ways to make it better.

1. Weekends don't end work. I hate to have to tell you that your weekends can't be all fun and games, because it just won't work. This is the one thing that I personally have the biggest problem with. Doing homework over the weekends? Kind of sounds like mediaeval torture if you ask me. 

I have personally started taking on this tip and I can honestly say that I think I've gotten at least part of my sanity back. By getting all of your homework done as far in advance as possible you'll avoid that oh-crap-that-huge-project-is-due-tomorow-and-it's-already-eleven-at-night-not-to-mention-I-haven't-started-yet feeling. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. So weekends may not be and end to school work but they sure can put an end to those rotten late night crises and study sessions.

2. I can barely even say it. I hate to admit it, but sometimes all you can do is cut back. Take a day off from that sport your doing. Forget about that group project, they can do it with out you for one day. Get a class change into an easier class. It's all okay. And coming from me that sure as anything says a lot! 

3. Do it for love. As awful as it feels to have so much going on, if you ask me (or are reading this) I think that as long as you're busy because you love your activities, It's completely worth it. 

Me at one of the Dance shows I gave up my Sunday's to be in
And I know that even though sometimes I'm doing my impossible math homework and it feels like life would be so much easier if I just had more time, the minute I get to the dance studio, I know it's completely worth it all. I can honestly say that if you don't feel the same way about what you're spending your time doing, you should try something else! Because there is no logical reason to take on so much, and that's why it's called love. Oh my god, that was so cheesy I can't even stand it! Someone call a publisher I'm gonna be the next John Green.

So pull on that thinking cap, grab an energy drink, hit the gym (gotta be fit if your gonna take on such a heavy work load! Good one, Alexa), and let's lose our minds together! 

Blog ya later fellow quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment