Oct 14, 2014

Not-before-noon-itis: We can Find a Cure

This post is all about sugar, spice, and daybreak advice!

Who doesn't love mornings? The birds chirping with delight, as you gracefully roll out of bed with smoothed hair and a clear complexion. After your long shower, you make your way down stairs surrounded by calming morning music where you meditate. Then your personal driver leads you outside into the beautiful sunny day around noon, and you take the scenic route to school. 

The more scenic route to school (Photo of WikiMedia)
Not exactly like your mornings? Weird.

Actual picture taken on my drive to school
Nevertheless, each morning doesn't have to be as painful as you think. Please silence your personal electronic devises, return your seat to the upright and locked position, lower your tray tables, and make sure to review the safety card in the seat pocket in front of you. Other than that, sit back, relax, and try not to fall asleep because you woke up at six this morning. 

1. Alarm. When you see that word do you think: snooze, just five more minutes, or shut up? If so, you probably suffer from notbeforenoonitis | nät-biˈfôr-no͞on-ˈʌɪtɪs | (I totally made that up. Shhh, don't tell.) If you suffer from this fatal condition, as many do, never fear there is a cure!

The easiest things you can do is make sure your Alarm Clock is out of arms reach when sitting on your bed. Depending on how stubborn you are about sleep, it might be helpful to have a family member hide the clock in your room, so you are literally forced to go on a mad search it before it stops beeping. At that point the bitter frustration and ringing in your ear should have woken you up.

2. Coffee! This one's a bit debatable. It kinda depends on how your body reacts to caffeine early in the morning and whether or not you personally need that energy surplus. Personally, coffee makes me feel like a phone on vibrate, yet somehow I'm still tired... However I know this is a crucial ingredient to a good morning for lots of my friends. (Sense they're my only readers I thought I should include it.)

For those of us that can't drink coffee, or maybe just don't like the taste, try a smoothie or juice. I like to make a smoothie before school because it's a delicious way to get nutrients, and the natural energy is more effective for me. These can make and entire breakfast, especially if you add yogurt for dairy and protein powder.

3. Music. Ya, that weird music thing I mentioned earlier. It actually works. Its scientifically proven that listening to music can improve one's attitude, (I made that up too), so I suggest making a playlist of your favorite uplifting music that you can listen to before your first class. Personally I usually listen to Birdy and it really does help me get through those fatal morning hours.

Morning can be awful but if you merely 'pretend' they aren't, they might not be so bad.

Blog ya later fellow quirks.
(Look I got a tag line!)

2 comments:

  1. Alexa you're literally the reason I get up in the morning. I used to sleep all day, but now? You cured my notbeforenoonitis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm making a real difference in the world.

      Delete